Wednesday, March 23, 2011

the Start of Something Wonderful

This past weekend I finally got around to starting some seeds. I will be planting my very own, very first garden!  My mother has always had a great big garden and I have never had a place to have my own. Every Feb-March I would start seeds in our tiny condo and care for them until it was time to put them in her garden.  She would water and weed it all summer and in the fall, we would drive up to help harvest.  I feel thankful that we were able to have fresh food even when we didn't have our own land to grow it on.  We've had home canned beans, beets, sauerkraut and pickles, frozen broccoli, fresh corn, peas, carrots, lettuce, potatoes, and squash - all from my mother's loving hand.  But this year we are taking on the project ourselves.
And I added a few Gifts to my list:
10. Laundry - fresh from the clothes line
15. Morning sunlight kissing the Tobacco Roots
22. Rich, soft, earthy dirt

I found a clever way to reuse empty toilet paper rolls as well.  You can read more about this easy project here.


Jeremiah 17:8
"He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit." 

MadCounty Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment