Friday, March 25, 2011

It's the Little Things that Matter

Details are important; at least they are to me. I notice the smallest things, the things that others would merely pass by. It is part of my character.
And it's God's character. I don't know why I never got it before. He is a God of details! The really teeny tiny details and the really big ones and even those middle of the road ones.

Now I need to admit that I feel a little scatterbrained with the whole homeschool gig. It's intimidating, a bit complex, very involved and it's only PRESCHOOL!!!

TIMEOUT!! Here's another lesson I've RElearned in the past 2 weeks. God is in control. Yep, uh-huh, imagine that. Again and again I try to lead the way, to lunge out of the harness, stomp my hooves and He calmly lets me. And I'm miserable and stressed and anxious. Then one day the fog lifts and I humbly seek His counsel and He is there, always. It's almost as though He is sitting up there in a rocking chair, like a loving grandpa shaking his head at my foolishness. And when I crawl up to sit in His lap, He always welcomes me lovingly and shows me my foolishness; shows me my pride(ouch!). And then in a glorious moment I see the path He has for me and He guides me to it.

So I asked Him to guide our week, our lessons, my teaching; I gave up my need to control it all and He used me. All the tiny details came together, like the spokes of gears that push each other round and round. God knit our learning with His tender care. It was fun, it was interesting and the boys were learning new things!

Eager Student = Happy Mama

Psalms 139:13 NIV
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.”

It is simply amazing to me that He is interested in every small aspect of my life. When the day has been too long and I am drowning in self-pity; His hand is always reaching out to me, to help me back up on my feet and encouraging me that while I cannot do it all on my own, He can. 

MadCounty Mama 

No comments:

Post a Comment