Monday, July 16, 2012

Menu Monday

How did Monday sneak up on me so fast??
PreacherMan was off to work early this morning - and this is most likely his last trip to Houston (more on that later), which means more family time for us and less stress/wear on Mama's nerves!

This weeks Menu:

Monday - Beef tips in gravy w/ onions and carrots over rice w/ fresh greens from garden

Tuesday - Grilled chicken w/ grilled veggies and spaghetti squash (that didn't get eaten last week)

Wednesday - probably sandwiches as we are hoping to go to the Knights of the Realm show at the county fair

Thursday - Leftovers

Friday -  Paleo Spaghetti w/ garlic toast and green beans


This past spring I found out I am super sensitive to night shades.  At first I had no clue what the doctor was talking about.  But quickly found out that the night shade family includes: white potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, paprika, cucumbers and tobacco - read more about them here.

I've always loved peppers, potatoes and cucumbers but I miss tomatoes the most.  Now I do have them once in a while BUT the reason I can't have them daily is because it causes my hands and feet to crack.  I've had dry skin all my life and I've tried multiple dermatologists, special lotions and soaps and anything else I could think of.  After being off night shades for about 3 weeks I noticed my hands healing and now my skin is smooth.  And even though I miss salsa and all the other tomato based foods I used to eat - not having my hands crack and bleed is worth it!

Enjoy your Monday!

MadCounty Mama

1 comment:

  1. Wow...who would have thought nightshades would contribute to dry skin!

    ReplyDelete