Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Dare

I have decided to take a dare.  "A Dare to live fully right where you are." I was looking for blogs about home school preschool when I discovered a treasure.  And there was a book that went along with it One Thousand Gifts.  I started reading it right away and it is more intense and wonderful than I'd first imagined! And so I've accepted the Dare to write down a thousand gifts in my life. I have done like the author and taken a small journal type notebook and as I think of the gifts bestowed upon me, where ever I may be, I take the time to jot it down. And with new appreciation for what used to seem like small things in life, I am humbled and give thanks to God for the blessings that bring quiet joy to my heart.
My List:
1. The way an almost 2 year old boy squeals with excitement and runs away.
2. Warm sunshine on me
3. The smell of my mom: of fresh air, hay, horses, and sweat.
4. Playing the piano

I highly recommend watching the trailer for the book.

Until next time, I will be Counting My Blessings.

2 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea! I love it. Those "small" things that we don't think about while we are distracted by ourselves. I love your #1 - so sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could be a discussion book for Tuesdays. Let me know what ya think!

    ReplyDelete