Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Beautiful Guest Room

Have you ever saw the episode of Friends where Monica and Chandler argue over what to do with their spare bedroom? Chandler wants to buy an old arcade game to put in there while Monica wants it to be a beautiful guest room filled with antiques.  Yes I am a Friends fanatic.  And if you think about it's actually a really helpful show as it gave me much inspiration for our guest room!  The room is not finished yet but I've heard that taking your time and letting the room sort of develop works best. I've found some great pieces but am still looking for more.  Here's the before shots:

Isn't that color so calm and inviting?

 What to do, what to do...

The boys were off to Grandma's one weekend so we grabbed some paint brushes and did our best to cover it up.  Even with the paint/primer in one we decided to prime and I'm glad we did.  One coat of primer and 2 coats of paint/primer later:


. 
I covered up the bookcase with a sheer lace curtain I had lying around. I am not sure how to finish the dresser yet.  I would LOVE suggestions!!!


 The small table was another great dump find by my dad and the matching chairs 
came 1/2 off at a thrift store. The group of 3 pictures will be hung above the bed to imitate a headboard since we do not have one at this time.

MadCounty Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment