Saturday, August 4, 2012

I was in a Stampede today...

That's right! I ran in my first ever 5K (3.3 miles) this morning. The Big Sky Wind Drinkers Stampede, part of Bozeman's annual Sweet Pea celebration of the arts.

My best friend, Monica, talked me into signing up with her. :) My goal was to get into shape before the race but with PreacherMan's crazy schedule and 3 kids at home, there wasn't a lot of time to get out and run.
I've never been a "runner". I have always loved competitive sports and excelled in high school at basketball and volleyball but I only suffered through conditioning because I knew it was part of the game.  I did some running in track my senior year, where I raced in the 4x4 relay at districts and divisionals, but I've never done long distance running. (I always thought those kids were crazy!)
Turns out, I like running.  It's a great stress reliever and it makes me feel really good about myself and what I've accomplished!
So here's to the first race of my running "career".  And may there be many more to come!

Almost finished! Time: 32min

We did it!
 My Cheering Section!!!



MadCounty Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment