Thursday, August 30, 2012

Whirlwind

To say the last few weeks have been busy would be somewhat of an understatement! I am working on so many different projects and need to just focus on one and finish! I plan to post September's monthly menu on the 1st but forgive me if I don't get it done!
I've really been enjoying the weekly photo posts and b/c I posted on Saturday last week, I only managed to take 1 picture this week. That's right just 1!!
But it has a great little story behind it and a couple yummy recipes.

Wylie was soooo bored yesterday so I invited him to help make dinner.  He helped peel carrots, cut up kielbasa, gather ingredients, open a can of beans and stir our soup.  We made Kielbasa and Kale soup.  
And for a side dish, we cooked up a batch of Roasted Brussel Sprouts, served with a delicious Garlic Aioli. 
The big surprise here? Well it wasn't that the younger two in the family didn't even try the soup (they ended up with PB&J instead). And it wasn't that even Wylie liked it.  
No, the BIG,
 GIANT 
surprise is that not only did PreacherMan eat the soup AND the Brussel Sprouts - 
HE LIKED IT!!!!

1 point for Mama - 0 points for veggie haters

MadCounty Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment