Friday, February 11, 2011

I have a Theory...

I used to think that people who had very large families (6+ kids) were being unfair to the older siblings who inevitably ended up caring for their younger siblings.  This week a thought occurred to me. Perhaps God intended for families to be large in the effort to educate young women (and men for that matter) on how to care for babies and other young children. If you think about it, how many first time mom's admit to having very little or no experience with babies.  Yep, that would be me. I didn't have a clue. And I was the youngest so either my parents should have had more children or exposed me to babies.  Right? I suppose that's the problem with my theory...what happens to the youngest child? Besides being spoiled... Oh well, it was a interesting thought at least.

1 comment:

  1. I think your theory works, because by the time that the younger kids get big enough to help, maybe the oldest kids are married and starting to have kids of their own. So the youngest gets to practice on nieces and nephews. =)

    ReplyDelete