Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Homeschool in March

March went by very quickly for us! Having PreacherMan gone during the week has taken it's toll but we are pushing thru.  It is a blessing that he has a job and knows we are taken care of!
Along with studying the Solar System, we are learning the Old Testament books. I remember doing this in Sunday school and I still can sing the song that I was taught. One day I was looking around on Amazon (BTW - Amazon is my BFF in the cyber world!!! seriously!) and I found a CD and songbook from Wee Sing for Bible songs. I had this in a cassette growing up along with the song book.  I ordered it and right away my kids love listening to other kids singing and the upbeat music that is played. There are also some poems on the CD that after listening to just twice, Spice (almost 3) is reciting some of the lines!
They really got a kick out of the Old Testament song since I had been singing it to them for a week already. They were very impressed that I knew the same song as those kids!!! :)
Here Spice is coloring the books by category and Sugar is solving a number code puzzle that tells the first 8 books. 

Sugar and I decided in January that the reading lesson book we had been working thru was just now doing it for us anymore. So I went on the search to find something different. I found a blog that was just perfect for us - she uses a whole language approach (with slight phonics).  There is also a free sight word program with printables that is fun and Sugar is cruising thru it!

Practicing spelling sight words with play-doh!

Reading to little brother :)

Decided he wanted to make lunch for us! :)
Math workbook - Less than, Greater than














 MadCounty Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment