Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm a Big Boy Now!

I made a deal with my 2nd DS that when he decided to give up his pacifier I would buy him an excavator (I'm talking Tonka style - although both my boys think we could use a real one).  Well then I found a deal at a yard sale for just $6 (verses $32) a loader with a backhoe on it; so the prize changed a bit.  Nonetheless he was not interested. 

 However his 2nd birthday is coming up the end of May and then he would be a big boy and rather he wanted to or not the paci was going away. 

Last week he went to the kitchen drawer and got his paci out; brought to me and announced he wanted to trade it for his "tractor".  I was a little surprised, not only had I not mentioned giving it up in a couple days, he is so attached to his paci I thought it would be more of a fight.  Not at all.  He asked for it once a couple days later and that's it! And he likes to remind me he is a big boy now. 
And then this weekend he rode a horse for the first time!

 A big boy indeed!

MadCounty Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment